Dream Catcher

Dream Catcher
By: Nene Thomas

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Thoughts

"Mythical stories always lie at the foundation of something."
     ~p. 175 The Marriage of Cadmus and Harmony

In the class the other day when talking about the Wizard of Oz, the teacher had made the comment that every character in the movie was from people in her home town. He had said something along the lines that mythology is creation from things we already know. Not really thinking about this until later, the next morning I was sitting my one of my classrooms waiting for class to start and I looked over at one of the chairs in the room. It wasn't anything spectacular, just a boring, newer, tall table, wooden seat, metal legged chair. Well the chair looked kind of like a spider with it's long metal legs and how they arched out from underneath it. I thought to myself, "If that hair had four more legs, it could totally become a spider." After a few minutes of having fun imagining the chair as a spider, I remembered what Sexson had said. Although a week late, I had finally found my Oz in Bozo, through creating a new world in the present one.

 Dreams are a great way for imagination, although most people believe that dreams are all just nonsense, I do believe that sometimes th

No comments:

Post a Comment